Cleaning of surfaces
- Clean the surfaces of sand, foliage, organic vegetation, loose layers, depending on the condition with high-pressure cleaner or by brushing
- ElaProof adheres adequately (about 1 – 4 N / mm²) to the structures and therefore the surface does not need to be absolutely clean since small impurities are encapsulated under the coating.
- (E.g., light rusting of the surface does not need to be removed due to good adhesion.) The coating “flakes” off along with loose layers from the surface when the surfaces are not sufficiently cleaned.)
Sealing of holes and cracks
- Smaller holes and cracks can be covered with the ElaProof mass without special preparations
- Sealing of larger holes:
- seal the holes with adhesive tape or paint the edges of the hole with ElaProof- mass and seal it with e.g. nonwoven fabric, which is introduced into the moist mass
- therafter cover the hole area with ElaProof mass
- the laminated, dried and elastic coating is waterproof and it adheres decades to the surface
The application and painting
- The ElaProof H-mass is applied with hand tools such as short-hair brushes or spatula
- The product is non-toxic and solvent-free and therefore no respiratory protection or special protective equipment is necessary
- The amount of mass for surface-covering coating depends on the porosity and evenness of the surface being coated. For smooth surfaces an average of 1 l / m² is required and for very rough concrete surfaces, approx. 2 l / m² is required.
- The coating thickness can be chosen freely, since the mass does not drip (almost), but note that thicker layers require drying for a long time. The application of thicker layers slightly increases the risk of tearing the coating.
- ElaProof H can be applied in several layers, immediately on the damp or a dried out underlayer. The more dry the mass, the more difficult it is to deform the coating.
- The coating surface can be smoothed with a spatula by spraying water onto the top layer, thereby increasing the pliability of the moist mass.
- The ElaProof H coating compound dries by evaporating water, the bulk of which is the bulk of the mass.
- The drying time depends on the layer thickness, the ambient temperature, and the absorbency of the surface to which the mass has been applied.
- 1 mm thick layer on a concrete surface dries out in about 3-4 hours (+20°C, relative humidity 45%).
- Tool cleaning after application
- The tools can be cleaned very easily with water immediately after application.
- After drying, the cleaning of the tools is more difficult, but it is mechanically (e.g., the spatula can be cleaned with a knife) or with solvent (e.g., xylene).
- The ElaProof H-mass does not contain any substances that would be detrimental to people, the environment or building structures.
- The ElaProof-H- mass must not freeze.
- ElaProof H-Mass should not be applied below + 10 ° C. The drying time of the mass is extended because the water can not evaporate at low temperatures.
- The ElaProof H coating can be painted with elastic paints. Please note, a hard inelastic paint can burst from the elastic coating when an incorrect paint is selected. Therefore, we recommend that ElaProofin coating should be coated with Tikkurila’s Vinha paints.
- Since the ElaProof H- mass swells slightly under water (at least several weeks of dwell time), it is not suitable for gluing tiles in swimming pools. ElaProof H nevertheless maintains its perfect water-insulating properties under water.
- Elastop H remains stable for months – unopened over 12 months
- The vessel should be kept closed in order to prevent the formation of crusts.
- The mass can be protected in an opened container by a plastic film against dehydration (the contact with air is reduced),
- The mass must not freeze!
Build Care Ltd Tel .: +358 20 790 2710
Internet: www.buildcare.fi | www.elaproof.fi