ElaProof H – Elastomeric mass (rubbery) applied with hand tools for medium-sized surfaces and at home
ElaProof H is functionally safe and easy solution as surface coating used for smooth and porous materials (e.g., Leca pore concrete blocks, sheetrock panel, etc.)
- for waterproofing usage
- local seals of leaks
- for sealing of feedthroughs
- for repair and seal holes, cracks and crevices, etc.
- for corrosion protection and to repair rust damage
- for elastic coatings
- for water diversions and protection against rinsing
- for permanently connecting various materials (such as wood and concrete)
- can be diluted with water, completely solvent- and poison-free, and it does not contain substances which are harmful to humans, environment or building structures
- is an European product
- Adheres to a wide variety of building surfaces – moist and dry
- Dries quickly
- A membrane / layer is formed during drying
- it is water proof
- it elastically conforms to the surfaces defined by e.g. expansion
- it breathes – allows water vapor through but no liquids
- it allows crack bridging (approx. 10 mm 0.6 mm thick layer)
- it stops corrosion
- it retains the tightness and elasticity for decades
- The mechanical surface strength can be increased by laminating reinforcing fabric (e.g., filter fabric)
- the freshly applied coating may be covered, tiled or clipped
- the dried coating may, if desired, be sanded and applied with the desired color
Applying ElaProof H-mass – please follow the instructions on the web pages!
- Can be applied very easily with a brush or spatula
- The product is non-toxic and therefore no respiratory protection or special protective devices are necessary
- The surface is cleaned with high-pressure cleaner or brush of loose dirt, leaves or sand before application
- ElaProof adheres adequately (about 1 – 4 N / mm²) to the structures and therefore the surface does not need to be absolutely clean because small impurities are encapsulated under the coating.
- E.g. thin rust layers do not need to be removed because of excellent adhesion.
- The amount applied depends on the smoothness and porosity of the surface. A sufficiently thick coating is normally achieved with 1 l /m² for smooth and with 2 l /m² for particularly rough concrete structures.
- A 1 mm thick concrete coating dries out at room temperature in three to four hours. The thicker the coating the longer the drying time.
The durability of the ElaProof H-mass
- The ElaProof H remains in the unopened container over 12 months durable.
- ElaProof H-mass shall not freeze.
- The opened ElaProof H container must be protected with the lid before drying out.
- The oxidation of the mass surface in the opened container can be prevented by sealing with a plastic film.